Essity Manufacturing Professional Hygiene North America is currently searching for Entry Level Engineers to start in Spring/Summer/Fall 2019 (start date dependent on graduation date and availability). These opportunities can be located at any of our manufacturing sites in North America.
This role serves as the day-to-day owner of the machine processes and process control systems for the plant. Owns and manages the development of troubleshooting skills of the manufacturing professionals. Acts as a subject matter expert for the machine processes. Participates and/or leads in Continuous Improvement projects. Helps to identify and support projects that will improve productivity, waste, quality and safety performance on a long term basis.
- Ensures all site safety rules and safe work procedures are followed in area of responsibility;
- Support and drive BOS (Be Aware of Safety) initiatives and other site-based co-operative safety programs and initiatives;
- Ensure all system requirements are practiced for the management of HSE&R Hazards & Incidents;
- Lead and promote HSE&R practices within Shift/Line Crews;
- Demonstrate site leadership behaviors in safety at all times.
- Manage and monitor annual vendor service contracts in area of responsibility;
- Provide usable reliability-centered maintenance tools and systems in support of operating KPI’s and quality goals of equipment within the MBU/Asset areas.
- Responds to needs of the operating team by identifying and Implementing appropriate training, technical manuals, and optimizing vendor relationships;
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of machine/product technology and processes, and transfer that knowledge to operating team and Resource Support Team (RST) to facilitate continued improvement.
- Facilitate the completion of improvement plans to achieve targeted performance and continuous improvement;
- Maintain availability and effective communication around the coordination and planning of primary maintenance outages that would impact productivity and runnabilty.
- Assist RST Lead and E-Save Engineer with priority needs in Energy and Materials reduction initiatives and projects.
- Coordinate & facilitate weekly outage planning/scheduling meetings with RST, Operators, and maintenance and engineering resources; compile and distribute weekly outage and maintenance schedules;
- Implement processes that ensure efficient and effective use of labor time of on-site and contracted maintenance resources.
- Implement long term Predictive and Preventive maintenance approaches to facilitate Asset reliability;
- Identify and communicate opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and technology, including identification of new planning or workflow management tools, or better utilization of current technology and required training.
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team work;
- Recognize and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and results achievement.
- Unrestricted permanent (not temporary) right to work in the US required;
- Completed Bachelor or Master in Engineering degree required or expect to complete Engineering degree by December 2019 – (Process, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering; Physical, Chemical, Environmental or Industrial engineering; Automation; Mechatronics);
- Work experience is not required, but appropriate internships in engineering and manufacturing are highly preferred;
- Potential to assume leadership responsibility; Willingness to take comprehensive responsibility;
- Willingness to relocate in pursuit of career opportunities
- Fluency in English required – fluency in at least one other major language preferred, but not required;
- Ability to obtain a passport required;
- TRAVEL: Occasional travel required (10%) as needed, to domestic or international locations.
Essity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Search Firm Representatives,Please Read Carefully: Essity does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or e-mails. All resumes submitted by search firms to Essity via e-mail, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for the subject position will be deemed the sole property of Essity. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Essityas a result of the referral or through other means.
Essity at a glance
Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company dedicated to improving well-being through our products and solutions, essentials for everyday life. The name Essity stems from the words essentials and necessities. Our sustainable business model creates value for people and nature. Sales are conducted in approximately 150 countries under the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and other strong brands, such as Jobst, Leukoplast, Libero, Libresse, Lotus, Nosotras, Saba, Tempo, Vinda and Zewa. Essity has about 48,000 employees and net sales in 2017 amounted to approximately SEK 109bn (EUR 11.3bn). The headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. More information at www.essity.com.